Friday, February 15, 2008

Accident



Well it has been a good winter season for my commuting. But finally I had to take a day off due to "injury."


I probably should've been smart and just walked my bike to a clear road but I do get some excitement from riding in the snow so I wasn't going to let this day stop me.


Long story short, bike slid one way and I tried to regain my balance and sort of did the splits. I was in some slight discomfort for the day. Nothing major.


I did end up walking back home, luckily I was only one block into the ride. I called and told my employer that I was in a slight accident and explained to them what happened. Well quite a few people were worried about me that day. Majority assumed the worst...an Accident, must have been hit by a Car. But I was fine.

The point of this little entry is not the accident but the things people said to me the day after.


"YOU SHOULD GET YOUR DRIVERS LISCENSE"


Not sure how this would solve anything. I would still be in the same environment...and must say I do feel that I have more control on a bike than in a car. I could probably list many things that could go wrong with me driving a car. I would still be faced with the dangers of traffic, the dangers of road conditions.


I feel safe and free on a bike. I would I want to go and change that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an unfortunate day that was, Craig! I hope you didn’t break any bones or acquired major injuries from that accident. I don’t think getting a driver’s license would also solve the problem. It’s a matter of being extra cautious on the road, especially during rainy and winter season, when roads are slippery.

Amy Baron

Unknown said...

Since you prefer to ride a bike, you really have to try hard to avoid bigger and rushing vehicles. Stay on the safe side of the road and don't try to ride on the snow again. Sometimes, being adventurous won't do anything good. :)

MastrangeloLawOffices.com