Sunday, April 6, 2008

Reasons to bike


The other day gas prices reached $1.12/litre.
I'm sure the price of gas does put a strain on some people. But oddly enough as I go by those gas stations on my way to work. I do chuckle in my head; "ha ha SUCKERS".
I think the price of gas might clearly be a reason for more and more people to start riding their bikes to work or short little trips to the corner store. People need to realize that the bike isn't just for recreation, but also a mode of transportation for all.
I went out for lunch this day, which so happened to be right across from a gas station. One of the things that I like to do is people watch when I am out and about. So today I took notice of quite a few conversations about the cost of gas. Usually you here people just complaining about the cost and why it might be so high in price. Today it was a little different, sure they did complain but this time around they seemed to have answers. "I might start riding my bike", "I might walk", "It probably will be cheaper to take the bus." In my head I applauded these answers this group of people had to the rising cost of gas, but now act on those statements. Make a difference in your wallet and on society.

No comments: