Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Types of Honks





March 2nd, 2007 by Tim Grahl




I’ve noticed two main types of honks I receive from cars during my commute:



“Get off the road!” - We all know and love these type of drivers. The ignorants who give the honk as they fly around you to make a point that bikes don’t belong on the road. Still not sure where they think we belong, but I guess that’s why they are generally stupid people.



“Hey! It’s a guy on a bike!” - This is the most perplexing to me. At least every three or four commutes I get a car that honks at me for no apparent reason. There’s no malice involved. And I can’t imagine other cyclists (that happen to be in cars) doing this as we know that it’s distracting to be honked at. So I haven’t been able to figure out exactly why these people honk at me.




Do you get this same thing?




Did I miss any honks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah I think sometimes people think they're helping you out by letting you know a car is coming... as if you were expecting something else, riding on a street. As long as it's friendly, I don't hold a grudge; but it does always cause a flash of panic!